I've round up some of the questions I find myself answering often and answered them on this blog post so you can get to know me a little better ;)
1. How many sneakers do you own? - To be quite honest, I don't know an exact number, but I do know it's somewhere around the 200s. You can't EVER have too many sneakers LOL.
2. How long have you been collecting sneakers for? - I've been collecting sneakers ever since the early 2000s. It all began when I started middle school and begged my mom to buy me my first pair of Jordan's. It's been a wrap since then haha.
3. Which are your favorite sneakers? - It's so hard to pick JUST one! It's kind of like asking a parent to pick their favorite child! lol. I prefer to rephrase that question to what is your favorite sneaker silhouette and that would be the Nike Flyknit Racer.
4. Where do you store all your shoes? - I made a room in my house into a closet where I now have clothes racks and stack shoe boxes in. (Shout out to my parents for actually allowing me to take up a whole room and use it as my "closet"! They're the REAL MVPs for that! haha)
5. Where do you buy your shoes from? - It really depends what sneakers I'm hunting for but I mainly do all my sneaker shopping online. It's much easier to find on the web than in store and I feel like there's also more selection. Some of my go-to sites are Nike.com, adidas.com, six02.com, finishline.com, endclothing.com, sometimes Ebay.com if it's a rare/hard to find sneaker and local stores here in LA.
6. What made you start running? - I was very unhappy with my self physically. I hated the way I looked and it took for me to see a picture of myself to realize I had to do something about it instead of just complaining about it.
7. How did you start running? - I heard about Nike Run Club and decided to give it a try. It was VERY hard at first, but I knew I had to keep pushing myself if I wanted to see a difference. It honestly took a couple months for me to actually enjoy running. The running community definitely helped make it easier to get used to.
8. How do you stay so motivated to continue running? - I feel like once you start running and get to the point of enjoying it, you kind of feel like it's a part of you. I seriously can't picture my life without running now. Not only is it helping me live a healthier lifestyle, but it's also very therapeutic because while I'm running, I forget about anything I'm worried or stressing about. I also find it easiest to stay consistent when I'm training for a race. Currently, I'm training for the LA Marathon so it's been helping me get out there even when the temps are low and rain is pouring down. Another reason why I stay so motivated is because after sharing my journey on social media, I've received a lot messages from people I know and from strangers saying that I motivated them to start a journey of their own. The fact that I'm helping others move is enough motivation for me to keep it pushing.
9. How do you make time for so much running? - You make time for what's important to you and running is VERY important to me, even more now that I'm training for my first full marathon. There's always time for running, even if you just go for a mile run, that's better than nothing. You just have to get past the excuses. There's people out there running that are 100x busier than you.
10. What do you do besides collect sneakers, run, and blog? - I work for the clothing company Young and Reckless/Reckless Girls. I have been working there for a little over 4 years now doing Women's Domestic Production (placing the orders, tech packing, pretty much just over see the process from beginning to end), and recently started design and production of Women's Accessories (it's been a hell of a learning process, learn something new everyday!) and giving a hand here and there with social media.
If you have any questions for me that I did not cover above, feel free to drop a line in the comment section below and I'll make sure to answer it :)
Thanks for reading!
xo, DIANA KAREN